Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A thing of achievement is a joy for ever

Just 5 minutes before I was about to leave for the UT, a postman brought a cool news. That was really an odd time for a postman to appear at the door as it was almost at the time when twilight was giving way to the night. Must have been the nature's way of cheering me up for the day. And so I was done. Cheered. :)

What the postman has brought me is just a token of my knowledge that I have gained till now. And I am glad to have it on a certified piece of paper to tell the world. Sure I am elated to have it.

We share such small happy moments in life and try to double and triple the joy of the same. That sure does help and the moment of joy lasts longer and the fun is indeed doubled and tripled. At the same time, it is not random group of people that we wish to share the moments with. We share with the people we really care for. And with the people that we know they really care for us. The people that we know would be happy to know about the good change.

We also feel bad about not being able to share with those who are close to us. Because friends who are so far away that we cannot be in the moment as it is happening, face to face to share the moment, the essence of the moment goes missing. Only conversations over phone are not enough to express all the expressions of the joy and feel its presence at the same time. The presence of those few close ones is felt very badly on these moments.

Again as humans, we get used to small conveniences really soon. Not even 48 hours have gone by that I am (re) evaluating myself and weighing my old self against the new me-with this little virtue now added. I consider this a small achievement as compared to what I wish to achieve in life. But I am still trying to strain this small, newly gained virtue of mine and analyzing the possibilities of any gains from it. How selfish! But I am justified here for many reasons I know to be true.

The quest for more continues...
Good Night

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It was as if you described my today's state of mind in your post. I was (rather still am) in a very glad mood today, thanks to a good news. But as you rightly said, "The quest for more continues..."
    We humans are indeed too much greedy, always craving for more and more. But then this is what keeps life moving on
    A nice post once again and yes, congrats on your achievement. This wealth that you achieved today stays with us forever.

    ReplyDelete