Saturday, March 19, 2011

Visit to old age home

One of my friends had his birthday and invited me to accompany him on a visit to old age home where they were providing lunch for the day.

It was a gloomy sight to see abandoned old men and women only passing their days. The facility was providing only the basic amenities and some recreation. But what good is all the recreation if you are not in the best frame of your mind? Ill-treated, abandoned or separated from dear ones by acts of God. They probably have no more objectives in life and just living on...

The staff of the facility deserves a mention and a token of respect who are definitely more patient and caring than the ones whom these old men and women bore and brought up: to their own ill luck.

Life has its facets. Got to live with it. All we can do is contribute to make their life a bit easier. I think we all should add this to our lists to do some charity for these institutions. Whenever we feel like throwing a bash, we should also keep aside a small share of our recreational budget to empower these institutions.

I will, are you joining in?

4 comments:

  1. Hey.. yes I would like to join you for this noble cause. It's a great thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand how some people let alone their parents. Good to see that there are (some good) people who not only care for their parents but also for the ones who are otherwise left alone by the society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The major part of the whole credit goes to my sweet, strong, beloved Mother, and Father who are always with me for such acts. I have no words for my parents. Thank God! This is what I can say. Then, comes my friends who accompanied me and made it more joyful and FB enabled it ;) Thanks to all...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said Akashdeep....Its a pain to see these old parents being left faaar behind from their so called near and dear ones.

    Pity those people who prefer to deprive themselves of the love and blessings of their own parents !!!

    ReplyDelete