Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My first 3D movie experience


Tin-Tin became my first 3D movie experience

Hey there!

Life keeps on giving us new 'firsts' every now and then as long as we are breathing isn't it?

Today it was a first 3D movie for me. I have been watching the 3D versions of Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar and others pass by me because of paucity of time or outright lethargy. But this time I made it :-)

Colleagues went to watch Tin Tin to celebrate an official milestone. So how was it? Well, the depth was evident and while it was not actually as realistic as I saw during one of the demo's of a Sony Bravia 3D TV but it was really engaging to watch in 3D especially during some sequences that had the special touch of director Steven Spielberg.

If you are looking for a few words on the movie, I would say it is a good (not great) entertainer. The animations and detail that the animation artists have added to the 3D world is commendable. Movies like Avatar claimed to be animation marvels but given the fact that we have such realistic looking animation complete with expressions where even the twitch of a bow counts, created in less time than the acclaimed masterpieces, deserve some commendation for the genius of people who work behind these technologies, managing hundreds of thousands of variables in each scene.

That was a bit of sidetrack. Coming back to the storyline stuff, it is mature enough to beat a common guess so it keeps you entertained unless you are a regular Tin-Tin reader! The climax also hints at another adventure in store that obviously prompts us to wait for a sequel.

To end the story, I will now be looking forward to more of 3D movie experiences and induct others who have not yet been there. If that means I am a victim of technology driven consumerism? It is a Yes!

Have a nice day.
Tin-Tin!

No comments:

Post a Comment